2.16.2009

I started this thing...

...And I didn't get anywhere. Truth is I wrestled with the idea of it, blogging about only customer service at first. Then I discovered facebook. Now that I have a way to reach the masses, I realized that there was more I wanted to say about the restaurant business than just customer service. It is so important to understand the elements of food--the reason we dine out to begin with--and where that food comes from, and what it went through to get to the plate in front of you. So this blog is now changing just a bit, from service slanted to all things "food service".

And I'm talking about REAL food. REAL service. I will rant about bad unhealthy stuff, and praise food grown from farmers that practice sustainable agriculture. We'll talk about service in the restaurant, and what makes it good or not so good; but we'll also talk about how bringing real food to the table ends up being good service unto itself.

So if you have a question about food, dining in or dining out, or if you've been the victim of poor service when eating out, or even if you just want to know how to cut an onion, hang around. We'll talk about it.

And that's the view from my table.

1 comment:

chathamgirl said...

Terrific! Looking forward to your observations on the Green Markets and preparing good food. I've eaten at your table--so I'm sure it's going to be great. Looking forward to it.